Top questions and answers regarding FEDERAL TAX CREDIT OPPORTUNITY on Window Coverings!
1. What is the Federal Tax Credit for Energy Efficiency?On 2/17/09, President Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 – a stimulus bill that includes federal tax credits on selected energy efficient products purchased during 2009 and 2010.
2. Which products currently qualify for the Federal Tax Credit?
Hunter Douglas has been a leader in innovation and current affairs. As of this time, certain Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades with qualifying fabrics and lifting systems that are inside mounted over double glazed windows now qualify for this Tax Credit. Call us for free on-site product showing.
3. How much is the Federal Tax Credit?Qualifying products are eligible for a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,500 in total during the 2009 & 2010 tax years $1,500 is the maximum combined total amount that can be claimed for all purchases of qualifying energy efficient products placed in service during this period. Call us for more information.
4. What is the time frame during which tax credits can be earned on qualifying Hunter Douglas products?The qualifying shades must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010, for existing homes, not new construction. The home must be considered your principal residence. Be sure to consult your tax advisor for further details regarding your eligibility for this tax credit and proper forms to fill out.
5. Are installation costs for my qualifying Hunter Douglas products covered by the tax credits?
The tax credit applies to the product purchase price only and does not cover the installation/labor costs for measuring or installing your qualifying shades.
For more information go to Hunter Douglas website
Or give us a call for on-site evaluation.