Many people are intimidated at the thought of hiring an interior designer. They worry it’s too expensive or that the end result will be something they do not like. Following are 10 reasons you would want to hire a professional interior designer.
1. Education & training is the difference between a decorator or designer and a professional interior designer. Be sure to hire a designer with appropriate credentials for your project.
2. Professional eye will not only help you in selection of the colors that flow through out your house, but also make sure your space is proportioned well and balanced. Often times I go into homes where the clients tell me, “We just don’t feel good in this room”. Generally I have found the problem lies in proportion and balance in either color or layout.
3. Experience does count and it is the best teacher! Many things in good design are learned the hard way. Remember when you hire a professional designer with experience that you are eliminating a lot of frustration on your part because they have learned the hard way through their years of experience and that is part of the design fee!
4. Master planning is a key to an interior designer’s magic. Ever notice your home is full many things you’ve collected, art, knick-knacks, furniture… and all seemed to be a good idea at the time… but you have no idea how to make them all look right together? Having a master plan does help you work in all the things you already have decreases the need to buy everything new.
5. Color consulting for interior wall paint is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to bring new life to your space. Professional color consultants will not only analyze what colors make you personally feel good, but also what colors will work the magic with your existing surroundings.
6. Space planning and traffic flow through your living space will make the difference in not only how you feel, but also enjoyment of living and working in your home. The pictures show an example of how a professional floor plan can help you visualize the furniture layout.
7. Finish Selection – From cabinetry and countertop choices to hardware finishes and lighting fixtures… there are so many options that it can be overwhelming to clients. Having professional help can simplify your life and the decision making process.
8. Access to designer products such as fabrics and furniture other than what you see in local retail stores is very positive to most clients we work with. From High Point North Carolina to Las Vegas new Furniture Market, hiring a designer opens up a world of possibilities you normally do not have access to.
9. Saves you time which is a rare commodity these days. Many clients express frustration in not having enough time to get everything thing done. Hiring a professional who does this every day will save you so much time.
10. Saves you money when your home is just how you like it… we have found clients no longer feel the need to change it so often. Remember, a professional designer will always work within your budget and your style.
Give Anita at Interior Spaces a call at 503-692-6077 to set up an appointment.